05 March 2012

Salutations, Sun

This morning I woke up two hours early so that I could do homework for my classes today. One time, I got reprimanded by a professor who told me I was doing an injustice to myself by doing this. That it was "the education system" that made me think waking up early to do an assignment the day that it's due is a good idea. Respectively, sir, it's actually just my crippling procrastination and complete and utter lack of motivation to do bull shit assignments which makes me think that it's a good idea.

The point is, this procrastination followed me over seas and this morning was no exception. Why then, you ask, am I writing a blog post and not doing the aforementioned homework? Well it turns out those assignments are actually due tomorrow, not today. So I woke up two hours early for nothing. It's too late to go to bed now, so instead, I'm going to share some morning reflections on the weekend that has just passed:

1) The Vow is a great movie. New favorite chick flick. Rachel McAdams is a goddess. And Channing Tatum is okay too.

2) You may think that Skyping with your sisters on a Sunday afternoon might be a drag because you are, perhaps, in the middle of an episode of Downton Abby; but when they pay for a month of Skype Premium just so that you all can conference chat, it'll be well worth your time. 

3) Tequila is never (always) a good idea.
 
4) Giving up Chocolate for Lent was a terrible plan. Pain au Chocolate, Nutella, ice cream, candy....ITS TORTURE.

5) When you begin to have an identity crisis because you are abroad with new friends and foreign boys who don't seem to get the concept of "leave me alone" and you still don't know how to cook and every girl who passes you seems skinnier, prettier, nicer and all around cooler than you are: put down the tequila, don't buy that champagne, and what ever you do, DO NOT let your well-meaning friends give you their "extra" shots of god-knows-what. Because at the end of the night, you WILL be that girl walking home and crying.

6) Boys give great advice. They really don't get enough credit for this. Sometimes they are absolutely dead-on about something and you should always listen to them in these moments of wisdom/gold. This is especially true if they are talking about their own sex. Because guys know guys. Sry ladiez, but it's true.

7) Mothers also give great advice. They also (might) send you Easter candy in the mail. Listen to them.

8) Justin Bieber is now a legal adult. Did I just Google "Hottest Justin Bieber pics"? Absolutely. Was this one of the first images that appeared?
You bet.
 

Happy Monday, Gang.



No comments:

Post a Comment